At Brockenhurst Village Trust we take the privacy of your data very seriously. This Privacy Statement specifies how we treat personally identifiable information. We provide this Privacy Statement because you have a right to know what information we collect and how it is protected and used.
We aim to be clear about our purposes when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect. Developing a better understanding of our customers and supporters through their personal data allows us to make better decisions about the activities we provide here at the Village Hall.
What information do we collect?
You might give us your information when you buy a ticket over the counter, by phone or online via our website; by signing up for one of our other events or workshops; by hiring out facilities; by making a donation or sponsoring us; or by communicating with us. We also keep your details when you sign up to receive emails from us.
The information we hold about you may include:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Ticketing history
- Billing information
- Donation history
- Your preferences for how we communicate with you about our activities
We maintain a record of your transaction history, but we do not store your payment card number.
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them so we can make sure we are sending you the most relevant information.
We may then track any subsequent actions online, such as buying a ticket.
How do we use your data?
We use your data to:
- Provide you with or respond to information you have asked for
- Contact you if there are any important changes to shows/classes
- Administer your ticket sale or donation, including processing Gift Aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- We use profiling and segmentation to ensure communications are relevant and timely and to provide an improved experience to our customers and supporters.
If you have opted to receive marketing communications from us by post or email we will tell you about events and related services that might be of interest to you. We will;
- Email you about shows, classes and other activities here at the hall, or a combination of these in a regular Brockenhurst Village Hall email newsletter. On occasion emails may include a survey. You can sign up to these lists separately so that you only receive what is relevant to you. All emails carry an unsubscribe link to click if you no longer wish to receive them.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you for administrative purposes regarding your bookings.
You can change your marketing preferences or opt out of marketing communications by calling the office 01590 622580.
We will not share any of your personal details with any other third parties without your agreement, unless required in order to fulfil our contract with you, or allowed by law.
Use of the website brockenhurstvillage.org.uk
Cookies – A cookie is a small file, saved onto your device, which stores small pieces of information about how you have used our site or to aid the ticket buying process. We use cookie information to monitor traffic levels and to find out how our website is used, so we can keep improving. We do not store any information about you personally in our cookies.
How we keep your data safe
Your personal data will be held and processed on Brockenhurst Village Trust systems. Where possible we aim to keep a single record for each customer. Your data is always held securely. Access to customer information is strictly controlled. It is held in the UK and the processes are EU compliant.
We will store your data in our Booking System for a maximum of 10 years after your last transaction or communication with us. To determine this retention period we considered the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the applicable legal requirements, which includes financial returns and Gift Aid declaration timescales.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of personal information held about you
- The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
- The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
- The right to withdraw your consent to direct marketing
- The right to request that we erase your personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
How can I see what information you are keeping on me?
You have the right to get a copy of the information that we hold about you, this is called a Subject Access Request. You can request a copy of your personal information in writing to Brockenhurst Village Trust, The Village Hall, Highwood Road, Brockenhurst, SO42 7RY.
Please include your full name, address and contact telephone number and details of the specific information you require, including any relevant dates. You will need to supply proof of your identification. We will respond to your request within one calendar month from receipt.
Please note this service is free of charge, however we will be allowed to charge you for our reasonable administrative costs if your request is clearly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this policy
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, or wish to be removed from any communications or data processing activities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 24 May 2018.
Any amends or updates to our Privacy Statement will be posted here.